Posted 3.13.17 @ 0:0
Using commercial cleaning products may not be for everyone. Some people have bad reactions with harsh cleansers, some have pets and small children who may be sensitive to fumes, and some may just be concerned with the impact of using chemical-laden cleaning products to the environment. Whatever your reason is for being interested in eco-friendly cleaning tips, you’d surely enjoy the compilation below!
When Life Gives You Lemons, Lemon-Aid Your Home!
Lemons are certainly nature’s way to aid you through your cleaning woes. It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties plus is a great natural deodorizer. Here are awesome cleaning tricks that lemons have in store for you!
- Scouring a copper pan that has seen better days with a mixture of lemon and salt or lemon with baking soda can bring back it’s shine in no time.
- Stained plastic containers can become like new again when scrubbed with lemon peel and white vinegar.
- Disinfecting your chopping board is as easy as rubbing a slice of lemon across its surface!
Bust out the Baking Soda!
Sodium bicarbonate, commonly known as baking soda, is an alkaline substance that functions as a deodorizer, gentle abrasive, and more!
- Say goodbye to surface rust by rubbing it with a mixture of baking soda and water.
- A gunky oven can be easily cleaned with a thick paste of baking soda applied over the gunk and left overnight. Simply scrape in the morning for a new clean surface!
- Bathroom tiles, bowl, and sink can be easily brightened by a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. Wipe on, let stand for a few minutes, and scrub away. Yes, its’s that simple!
- Smelly clothes will be freshened up by adding a cup of baking soda in the wash too.
Wow them with White Vinegar!
Do you know that white vinegar is a weak acetic acid solution? That’s why it has strong antibacterial properties that is great for cleaning as shared below!
- Got some stain on fabric? Diluted vinegar as a spot treatment is the answer.
- Cooking smelly foods in the kitchen? Simmer some white vinegar on the stove to eliminate cooking odours.
- Not a fan of chemical tabs for your dishwasher? Two cups of vinegar in a bowl on the top rack of your empty will give it a deep cleaning like you’ve never seen before.
- Want to descale your kettle? Use a mixture of vinegar and lemon, boil, and you now have a clean kettle!
- Looking for an eco-friendly mirror and windows cleaner? Vinegar is the answer! A 1:1 mixture of water and vinegar can be used to wipe down mirrors and windows without creating streaks.
- Mould making your grout look gross? Spray with some white vinegar mixed with an equal part of carbonated water to take care of the mould. Don’t forget to let it sit for a quarter of an hour before scrubbing off!
Love all things natural? Then you’d fit right in in Oakville! Why not see which Oakville neighbourhood would be best for you to move into? Just contact us for a viewing once you’ve spotted your dream Oakville home in our list!