Posted 6.26.12 @ 8:35
When looking at real estate, most people just don’t think about neighbourhoods and the impact they can have on their home purchase. Houses are just like spouses, and you need to do your research before you say “I Do”. Here we’re going to show you how you can find the right oakville neighbourhood and the questions you need to ask yourself before you think about putting down a bid. Choosing the right community for you and your family is as simple as sitting down and making a list. Let’s get going!
Who Are You?
Who you are shapes what kind of Oakville real estate you should be looking for. You’re going to have to think about the following things:
- Are you addicted to your job? If so, know that you’re going to need to be able to get to and from work easily. Do you have access to public transport and are the roads congested during peak hours? How long will the commute be?
- What Kind of Home are you looking for? Ask yourself what kind of home will fit your lifestyle. Do you want a townhouse, a co-op or a condo that is low maintenance with good amenities? Do you have a growing family that’s going to need more space to keep growing?
- How Big is Your Family? Ask yourself how big your family is, and if you’re going to keep growing. If you’re going to need more room in the near future (say in the next ten years) you may want to consider looking at larger properties instead of smaller ones. It’s important to think about how big your family is, but it’s also important to ask how small it is. If your children are going off to university you may want to downsize.
- Do You Want Something Old, Something New? Ask yourself if you want a new home or if you want something more traditional in an established neighbourhood. Each will have its benefits and pitfalls, so you’ll want to evaluate your options carefully. There are many different neighbourhoods when it comes to Oakville real estate so you’ll want to really look around and see what’s available!
- What do You Want? Why are you moving? Are you moving because of a new job, or do you want to have your neighbourhood reflect your lifestyle more? What are you searching for? When you think about it this way you’re going to be able to figure out exactly what you want in a new home.
You’re going to think about things like what you want in a house, your expanding or contracting needs and why you’re moving in the first place. Most of us are moving for a really good reason, and all these things need to be considered before you start looking for a home. If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, let us help! We have a great deal of experience with the Oakville real estate market and can help you find the right home.