Posted 4.3.17 @ 0:0
Do you know of any selfless community leader or volunteer around your area of Oakville? Now would be the time to nominate him, her, or them for the Oakville Community Spirit Awards!
16th Annual Oakville Community Spirit Awards
Community champions are usually people who selfless sly spend their time supporting and volunteering to help out with the diverse projects and activities in the community and their generous hearts are nowhere more evident than in Oakville!
In view of the above, our Town of Oakville is having our 16th Annual Oakville Community Spirit Awards to recognize and reward those who always think of others before themselves. Nomination of community champions is ongoing until Monday, April 10, 2017.
The deadline for submission is to give enough time for the awards to develop a profile for each of the nominees, celebrates the nominees and promote the event that will feature the Community Spirit Awards before the main night. Please note that late submissions will not be accepted. Submission forms are available online and in print at all town-owned recreation and culture facilities and at the Town Hall.
Nominate Your Community Champion!
To successfully nominate someone, you’ll have to follow some guidelines to complete the nomination package aside from the ones mentioned above. You’ll have to turn in the following:
- A duly completed nomination form.
- A nomination statement which is a 250 words summary of the nominee’s significant achievements or contributions in the selected category.
- A reference or a testimonial.
Please note the following submission requirements as well:
- Nominees must have used their volunteering time at an Oakville organization.
- An updated application form will be accepted for previous nominations.
- Re-nomination of past awards recipients are permitted as long as they are re-nominated for a different category.
Before you nominate someone, please make sure that he, she, or they demonstrate the following:
- Possession of unique or special qualities that bring light to how the organization or the person has made a difference in the community.
- Creativity, leadership, innovation, and dedication; and
- Has done something that has long term impact or benefit for the community.
Selection and Recognition Process
Each nomination will be reviewed by a Selection Committee composed of community leaders and Council members. The Selection Committee reserves the right to assign a nomination to a different category if necessary and that all their decisions are deemed final.
All awards recipients will be notified in writing and will be invited to attend the awards ceremony at the Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre. All nominees shall receive a complimentary ticket to attend the reception while friends, families, and supporters can purchase the ticket at just $15 each.
The awards are as follows:
- Arts Award, sponsored by The Oakville Beaver
- Group Volunteer Award, sponsored by the Town of Oakville
- Heritage Award, sponsored by Genworth Financial Canada
- Individual Volunteer Award, sponsored by Paradiso Restaurant
- Senior Award, sponsored by Chartwell Waterford Retirement Residence
- Youth Award, sponsored by RBC Royal Bank
More information about the Oakville Community Spirit Awards can be seen here.
Looking for a place in the GTA that’s great for the family? Why not take a look at Oakville’s available luxury homes? With community spirit so warm and inviting, you’ll be asking yourself why you didn’t move to Oakville sooner. Contact us to help you purchase the home of your dreams!