Posted 5.5.16 @ 0:0
It’s that time of the year that we’re celebrating Youth Week at Oakville again! This year’s Oakville Youth Week is from May 1 to May 7, 2016 – that means you or your kids, nieces, and nephews still have a few days to enjoy exciting events, free activities, and learning opportunities! Everyone between the ages of 12 to 18 years of age are welcome to join at the Oakville Youth Week celebration!
Youth Week is a national event that’s dedicated to youth between 12 to 18 years of age. In Oakville, the week-long event starts right after the YCMA Healthy Kids Day community event on the 1st of May.
Throughout the week, there will be FREE access for YCMA drop-in programs for youths as well as open houses and drop-in youth programs at all youth centres in the Town of Oakville. There will be creative activities to enjoy at the Oakville Public Library as well.
To wind-down the week-long affair, a special Campfire Night will be held at the YCMA from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday (that’s May 6). The fun night will feature rock climbing, swimming, marshmallow roast, basketball, and other fun activities!
Oakville Youth Week 2016 Activities
Besides the kick-off event after the Healthy Kids Day at YCMA and the Campfire Night described above, the other exciting activities for this year’s Youth Week include:
- Superhero Workout Challenge – available at all Oakville Youth Centres. Those who wish to participate can get their free bus tickets to events at Oakville Youth Centres. The centres will also give out bus route information as well as directions for events so be sure to stop by the youth centres ahead of time of scheduled events.
- Open Houses – All youth centres will be open from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on May 2.
- TACO Tuesday – Totally Awesome Career Opportunities (TACO) at Nottinghill Youth Centre will be from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and will include tacos for everyone to enjoy, employment information, career advice, and talks with guest speakers in topics relating to careers in finance, technology, policing, firefighting, music and film plus international exchange opportunities with which you can gain priceless life experience!
- Youth Arts Night – A creative night teaching youth about button making and 3D printing at the Oakville Public Library Iroquois Ridge branch on May 4, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Outdoor Fun – Outdoor Adventures awaits eager youths at all Oakville Youth Centres on May 5 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will also be a Try-it and Demo at the Centennial Pool from the Oakville Lifesaving Club from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday Blast – Hustler Boardshop is sponsoring an Indoor Skate Park Competition from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Kinoak Arena. The QEPCCC Black Box Theatre will also host the Oakville Urban Dance Festival workshops plus Dance Battle from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. with the help of the Oakville Centre for Performing Arts and Gadfly Creative Works Urban Dance Company. Stay on from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. to enjoy performances by local youth at Oakville Talent Starz. Admission is, of course, free for young folks 12 to 18 years old and $6 for other attendees. What a night!
Like how youth-friendly Oakville is? Then move here and enjoy the various sights, facilities, and amenities Oakville neighbourhoods has to offer. Oakville is a tight-knit community where every member is valued, no matter how old or young that community member is!
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you want to make Oakville your future home. Take a look at available Oakville homes and find your dream home today!